Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holiday Triggers and Tapping

Tonight I have an example of a trigger.

Earlier today I found out that a friend of ours, younger than I am, was rushed to the hospital and put on life support. This is difficult for a family. Even more difficult close to the holidays.
A few minutes ago I noticed myself with constricted breathing. Now as of 5 minutes before that I was perfectly healthy, so what is going on?

My guess is this is a trigger - an unconscious memory brought on by something else, probably sensory, around me. I'm sure it is a trigger because tapping releases it. There is nothing wrong with me.

For giggles I looked at the calendar because I'm pretty sure what this is. 2 months ago today was the day I thought my brother Joe was going to the hospital for his defibrillator inplant (in reality it was 2 months ago tomorrow). I spoke to him that Thursday night for the very last time on the phone, telling him I was a day early (by God's grace!) calling him and would he please phone me Friday night after his procedure to let me know how he was. By Friday night he was on a ventilator fighting for his life. His earthly life ended November 1st when he went to heaven.

Earlier today I told Brad that our now hospitalized friend was going the way Joe did - this didn't look good at all for her.

Triggers are like this. Something in our real regular life reminds the subconscious of something else in the past that was painful emotionally, and we experience some kind of physiological reaction about it again in the present. The subconscious mind doesn't understand the concept of the past vs. present. It thinks everything is present time!

Me? Chest constriction just like our friend and brother Joe neither of whom could breathe on their own thus necessitating a respirator.

Secondly, that cellular memory of holidays and anniversaries.

Yes, people, your body DOES remember often even if you think you have resolved the emotions around an event.

Just make sure you have, or simply be aware that something in the immediate environment could TRIGGER you anyway. And it is ok if it does. God is giving you further opportunity to heal even more!

If something does trigger you this holiday season, please do as I just did. Be mindful of what you feel and then tap, allowing God to release the physical and emotional discomfort. He is faithful to often do that for us.

It has taken alot of events in my life to make me wake up to the wonderful gift of EFT God has given us. Don't be as slow as I was to accept His gift and use it frequently.

To God be all the glory!

Remember, EFT is not a substitute for medical or psychological help. Do not tap if you have a true medical emergency, call your physician, or 911, or visit an emergency room quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment