Friday, July 30, 2021

Can Christians Use EFT Tapping?

Interesting article that addresses whether or not we Christians can use acupuncture. EFT is considered "needle-less acupuncture" because we tap on the acupressure points, not needle them.
I think this article succinctly says what I have tried to explain in the 5 EFT for Christians books I have written.
1). Chinese medicine and Chinese religion are 2 different things, just as Western Medicine and any western religious beliefs are completely different. Usually, when we show up in an ER, we don't ask the trauma physician if he or she is a Christian, we are just grateful for their help!
2). As a Practitioner in EFT when working with a client who has physical issues, our first question is, "have you seen a doctor?" There is definitely a place for both Eastern and Western medicine. If I have a gangrene gallbladder, probably caused by my reaction to abuse, where I carry around rage, anger, hatred, I'm not necessarily going to try to "cure" it with tapping. I want a competent surgeon to remove it before it bursts and I become septic. Then I will want to deal with the negative emotions that got me in the fix to begin with so something else physical doesn't go haywire!
3). Being a history buff, I agree with this author that not all early Western medicine researchers, such as William Harvey, Lister, Salk, etc. were Christians. They might have been. Who cares? Does that mean I reject all their findings? Of course, I don't. Their religious beliefs as they researched how God put together the human body has absolutely no bearing on what they personally believed about the Creator Himself!
4). Research surely now seems to show that there is a direct relationship between our emotions and our physical health. God is in the healing business. Jesus performed many miracles, as did His apostles. Miracles still happen today. Healing is God's purview, not satan's. satan never healed anyone! So, like the instructions to Apostle Peter in Acts, eat sacrificed meat, it doesn't matter what the original intent or belief system was, God blesses it and sanctions for our good because He created it for our well being.
Comments? Thoughts?
Remember, EFT is not a substitute for medical care, so please contact your own personal physician before tapping on any physical issues or problems.
Sherrie Rice Smith
Certified EFT Practitioner


No comments:

Post a Comment