Friday, September 14, 2018

PUNS in EFT

I received this email and I wanted to use it as a "teaching moment". Here is the email with a couple highlights:

"I wrote this today in the eye doctor’s office waiting for an appointment to have my eyes checked again for macular degeneration. While driving to the appointment, I was recalling Scriptures that tell us not to be anxious and I wondered how God expected us to never worry or be concerned. And that led to thinking about the difference between just worrying and having a legitimate concern that I was pretty sure God did not want me to turn a “BLIND EYE" — (pardon the pun). I surmised that genuine concerns were legitimate but God wanted us to give the concerns to Him and not just start worrying about them and coming to our own conclusions. My eyes don’t show macular degeneration, but he says I have 3 types of cataracts but they are not bad enough to have surgery yet.

One type on my left eye distorts lines when I am looking at them — the lines in road, the computer, tile work, etc. and we have MORE LINES IN OUR LINE OF VISION (sorry for the pun again, it is way past my bedtime) than we really notice. My left eye will distort the line in my vision on the left side, by bulging out an area of a line for a nano moment. Not all the time, just sometimes, but I am noticing it more than when it started a couple of weeks ago.

I have given the concern to God and am choosing to keep giving my worried thought to God as well and carry them. I’m tapping away as I pray."

Notice capitalized highlighted words she mentioned as "puns". They look like puns, feel like puns, but they aren't true puns!

This is EXACTLY what the subconscious mind (SC) does! When tapping pay close attention to the "wording" of what suddenly comes to mind and out of your mouth when tapping aloud. Your mind will be blown, as the SC loves homonyms, synonyms, rhymes, alliteration etc. It is in that WORD ASSOCIATION that the SC gains and thrives on perceptions! Often you GET in life EXACTLY what you SAY! You may not really mean it the way to wording sounds, but the SC mind is extremely literal and possesses no sense of humor! This is the power of the spoken word... God created the world by spoken word, etc. Your SC mind creates YOUR world by the power of your spoken word (and inner thoughts) too. Proverbs 25:11-13, Proverbs 12:18, Proverbs 16:24

When tapping pay attention to the words the Holy Spirit gives you. Often they are specific clues as to why you believe something, or the origin of where the beliefs comes from, or who led you to believe the statement in the first place.

These clues will likely give you specifics as related to your problem at hand. You then can tap on all of this new information as they likely are limiting beliefs in your life.

Remember, EFT is not a substitute for sound medical care, so please consult your own personal physician or psychologist before you use EFT.

Be blessed in Christ Jesus!

Sherrie Rice Smith, R.N. (Retired)
Certified EFT Practitioner

Author of EFT for Christians book series - purchase from my webpage or from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment