Saturday, October 29, 2016

Another Christian's Perspective on EFT

Steven Baerg wrote this to me & I reprint it here with his permission: Steve has a great perspective on Christian EFT:
"I have personally and with clients seen EFT as the most powerful tool to help people make peace with the past so they can move forward into better feelings, thoughts and actions and for Christians a fuller experience of the freedom to fulfill God's calling for them!
My goal is to become truly excellent at EFT so that i can assist people in truly living out Christ's character in them along with gaining a huge amount of emotional freedom and peace. So I have been studying eft seriously..... I am considering after I feel I have mastered or at least come close to mastering EFT, I'll start on Matrix... at least learn what it is about and then decide.
I am a skeptic.... but open minded and quite honestly struggled over the question of EFT and Christianity a lot .... stopped using it for a while and just prayed about it...My first priority is God and if I believed EFT would interfere with our relationship with God I would have to quit EFT despite the results.... but over time I have come to see the real mechanism of action and process of EFT as being very congruent with the Bible in the sense that it cooperates so well with how He made us....(this has been about a 3-4 year journey for me)
One major understanding that has helped me greatly is that "spiritual" non Bible believers nearly always end up worshiping / idealizing what God created rather than the God who created it. Therefore it is not wrong to accept and rightly use what He created as long as we are careful to remember it is the creation you are working with NOT the creator. 
Most the "new agers" around EFT look to the energy as some sort of special spiritual thing with creative power and innate life force and in that sense worship the energy... But that is a confusion between God's amazing creation and the God who created it.... once I got that figured out I have come to be pretty comfortable working with this amazing aspect of God's creation even though others mistakenly idolize it as a "god" in it's own right which is wrong. But the fact that they "worship" it doesn't change the fact that it is a potentially very helpful tool God wishes to bless us with. After all, people worship the sun... it doesn't make the sun evil or mean we can't appreciate it as a wonderful example of God's creative power and love for us."
Steven Berg can be contacted at:  http://thestressreliefcoach.com/ 

EFT is not a substitute for a medical provider, so take personal responsibility for your own physical and emotional wellbeing.

Sherrie Rice Smith, R.N. (Retired)
EFTforChristians@gmail.com
Author of EFT for Christians - on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment