Friday, August 16, 2013

EFT is SO Effective

Hi all,

I wanted to share a little story with all you readers, as I'm hoping to show you that persistence with tapping does indeed pay off.

I have been tapping regularly and aggressively for a couple of years now, trying to clear all of my childhood emotional and verbal abuse issues. They are heavy, deep, and, until recently, pretty distressing, running my life from the subconscious level. I had no idea how much these childhood issues were driving my adult issues. It was huge!

Within the past couple of days, small events happened. I will relate one of them for you. For many of you, I suspect, you will wonder why I'm bothering to bring this up. What I need you to understand is this: small things would trigger me big time. I'd have some huge emotional blow-up over pretty much nothing.

Yesterday, accidentally, I dumped a 1/2 cup of coffee all over the floor. 4 years ago, I would have gone ballistic, calling myself all kinds of names, angry at the incident, and yelling at everyone around me. Immature behavior? You bet! Over the edge for a spill?  You bet! Now, I understand where that behavior came from - that is how my Dad reacted when one of us kids spilled a glass of milk at dinner. I thought this was how everyone reacted to incidents. He went crazy about the mess!  I learned the lesson so well. He called us all kinds of names, like klutz, idiot, etc. I simply took up, calling myself the same names, where he left off.

Well, low & behold, after I cleaned up the big puddle of coffee, I realized my only reaction was, "poop"! No swearing. No yelling. No calling myself names. I just cleaned it up with an "oh, well, stuff happens" attitude, like "normal" people do! Success!  Those old, negative, neural pathways have been severed and new, less reactive ones, built up. Praise God!  The cognitive learning has been undone! Indeed, tapping has changed my physiology!

I like this new me better. I'm more in control. Spilled coffee is not worth raising my cortisol level for 2 days!  Elevated cortisol levels and blood pressure do not serve my physical needs.

God can through EFT change behaviors that I have tried all my life to change! EFT gave me the boost to accomplish what my conscious mind could not do alone!  I'm so grateful to God for this precious gift, literally of life.

P.S. The friend who witnessed this incident added this comment later, "Not only did you only say "poop" or "darn"...something totally tame.  The next thing you said was, 'Well, at least I got to drink the first half cup of coffee!'

A beautiful example!  Great job!" Sarah
For more information, go to  www.eftforchristians.com
To schedule a free EFT coaching session, email me at  eftforchristians@gmail.com
Always remember to take complete responsibility for your own health and well-being.  Contact a medical professional, if necessary.