Friday, August 30, 2013

Why Should Christians Use Emotional Freedom Techniques

Why should Christians tap?  Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is the great equalizer. It levels out all of our emotions, leaving us on a straighter path, less up & downs during life’s issues.

Prayer and EFT, all covered under the umbrella of the Holy Spirit, are a wonderful combination. He's like the great Advisor. He reveals all, if we are open to allow Him to do so. He gives us guts to go proclaim God's Word to the world. We all know the story of how the Apostles couldn't shut up after Pentecost. But, He also gives us the guts to look inside ourselves, rooting out those things that are not of God.  Those things which distract us, keeping us a prisoner inside ourselves, stuff that is not useful to Him for building the Kingdom, all the things that distract from the Great Commission.

As you all continue EFT tapping, I believe you will find God will clear out your mind's garbage, all those things which make us fearful, distressed and anxious, feel unworthy or unloved, and we all have them, everyone their own version, you will find yourself in a more prayerful, grateful mode. It is like being more in the presence of Jesus all the time. You will actually feel God! God hasn't changed, but you have!  He has always been right beside you, but you & I were living with a toxic emotional cloud around us. We were buried in our own distress, and satan likes it when we are just that way. It keeps us from truly feeling. We walk around numb, doing what we need to do, but never stopping to feel life around us. I want to know God, but I also want to feel God.  I want to feel Him all around me, in everything I do. I can’t feel God when my life is full of emotional hang ups. My anger, fear, disappointment, disgust, etc. gets in the way. I can’t think – it all distracts me. EFT is a fantastic, gentle way to move those feelings and events aside, out of our way in our walk with our Savior. We are told we sadden Him with our sins. Take the time while tapping to confess those sins that you know in your heart hurts Him. He promises to cast them as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12: As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us). Why not tap, confess, & pray at the same time?  Once you have confessed the sin to Him, continue tapping until all vestiges of remorse or guilt are gone.  He remembers your sin no more, so why should you remember it?

EFT re-sensitizes you to hear the Holy Spirit’s voice clearly. All the numbness in life makes it extremely difficult to hear Him. It is an odd mechanism He implanted in us. As we tap and pray, our brain waves drop down into the alpha and theta areas, out of that busy, rattling, noisy beta state. Those lower brain waves are meditation areas where the great Christian mystics went when they wanted to commune with God. Maybe even Jesus’s brain dropped into those brain states when He talked to His Father.

EFT also quiets the chatter, the negative self-talk, we all use on ourselves. I had a ton of it going on nearly constantly. It is particularly prevalent in those who come from an abusive background. A smart lady once told me that when the abusers stop abusing us, or we are out of their reach, we continue to abuse ourselves in the exact same way they did. We learned the pattern from them. We tell ourselves we are no good, or stupid, or ugly, or worthless. Whatever your poison is, you just keep drinking it from the well of your subconscious. With EFT; however, that negative yapping stops once you have cleaned out the subconscious mind, reprogramming it and neutralizing it.

The result is peace. Oh, do I like peace! Taking a walk now is a pleasant experience. My mind is not racing, re-running all those old movies I once played over and over again, telling myself what a bum I was. And that is all the internal chatter is – old movies. Remember, the adage I used in an earlier blog?  The one that goes something like this: To the conscious mind, a memory is only a memory, but to the subconscious mind it is a current event. I wish I knew who said it, but, sadly, I don’t. I’d like to give them proper credit. Until that current event is dismissed and unplugged, it will just keep playing. And it will just keep causing you emotional and possibly physical grief. Undo it!  Apply the ointment of EFT to it. Cut the cord; eliminate the self-deprecating chatter that is unsettling everything in your life.

Remember Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God”.  Isaiah 14:7 says, “All the lands are at rest and at peace; they break into singing”.  Want to know that peace, email me for a free coaching EFT session & let me teach you how to break into singing for God?  Let me teach you how God implanted in you a mechanism to stop the chatter in your mind that is bringing you down. God is waiting for you.

For more information, go to  www.eftforchristians.com
To schedule a free EFT coaching session, email me at eftforchristians@gmail.com

Always remember to take complete responsibility for your own health and well-being.