Tuesday, October 1, 2013

EFT Makes Me Laugh

EFT makes me laugh inside. The effectiveness on the little things in life is astounding. EFT just plainly makes life so much improved.
Monday, my husband announces to me, after I asked him several times what was bugging him (I always notice something is wrong with him long before he does for himself), that he is overwhelmed. I inquire about what. He tells me the details. I ask, “Have you tapped?” Sadly, as usual, the answer was, “no”.
We were eating lunch out when he decided to tell me how overwhelmed he was.  I never care where we are or what we are doing, I tell him to just begin tapping – fingertips under the table, and let’s go.
I start him off with “overwhelmed”, and then I add “discombobulated & frustrated” to the tapping mix, after he explained his feelings.  At that point, I just leave him alone, as he knows quite well how to handle it; he’s just not to the point where he recognizes the problem.  I guess we make a good team. I notice the problem & he taps for himself, fixing his own issues.
Now, the part that makes me laugh is this:  It took him all of 90 seconds to discharge the frustration, “discombobulation”, & overwhelm completely.  Here, he has been fighting the feelings for 5 or 6 hours, doing some disorganized stunts, getting nothing accomplished, by his own admission, and 90 seconds of tapping eliminated the entire issue. “I can’t believe how calm I am,” were his words as he stopped tapping. His SUDS dropped from an 8 to 0 in 90 seconds flat!
I told him that he would go home and in less than an hour accomplish everything he hadn’t fixed in the previous 5 to 6 hours. He agreed. He knows well how the science works – put the blood back in the neo-cortex and suddenly thinking makes sense!
About 2 hours later, he phoned to inform me, all was accomplished in about the hour I said + he had an added bonus. For the past 3 weeks, he thought he had 2 huge weekend long events happening on the exact same weekend. He wanted to attend both events as much of as possible, and he was getting flak from other participants because they wanted him to give up the “other” event for theirs. That was part of his frustration. He said he didn’t care, but obviously he did, or he wouldn’t have felt the overwhelm. Anyway, one of the organizers informed him that the 2 events weren’t the same weekend at all, but on successive weekends. He was discombobulated for no good reason, but it wasn’t until he settled down with tapping, & made the appropriate phone call, that he realized he had his weekends all messed up.
Did EFT fix Brad’s calendar? Well, probably not, but it did clear him enough so he could ask the appropriate questions, completely clarifying all the issues around his overwhelm.
For more information, go to  www.eftforchristians.com
To schedule a free EFT coaching session, email me at eftforchristians@gmail.com
Always remember to take complete responsibility for your own health and well-being.  Contact a medical professional, if necessary.