Thursday, January 30, 2020

Christian Confessional Tapping

How prayerfully do you tap? Have you done the set-up and the subsequent tapping as your confession of sins? James 5:16 clearly tells us that we NEED to confess our sins to another person in order to be healed.

Isn't that what we do when we tap with another person? Even though I feel this way (fill in blank), I (fill in the acceptance statement).

What if we used the set-up more as a confession?

Example (Ladies, this one is for you!): Even though, Lord, I'm really, really angry at my husband because he comes home and plops down on the recliner, leaving me to deal with dinner and the kids, right here, right now, Lord, I confess my anger to You, asking for Your forgiveness because I know you love me and I hope someday to love and accept myself just as you see me.

That might feel like a long set-up, maybe, but multiple things are going on in it! You acknowledge how you feel right now (exposure to the problem), confess your sin of anger (Eph. 4:26), asking for God's forgiveness (which is instant, (Psalm 103:12) and adding your own acceptance statement that rings true to you right now in the moment.

Obviously, when we tap alone with God, we are still confessing/repenting ("turning around" in Greek).

How many of you while tapping the rounds have done it prayerfully? Lord, I feel _____. Sweet Jesus, I'm so tired of carrying around____. Thank you, Savior, for carrying this feeling of ________on the cross for me. Or any variation of these and others that you want to use.

Personally, now, and it has taken awhile to get here, I do my tapping just like I pray. I love to add in Isaiah 53:5 as my tapping material. "I'm healed by His stripes."

Thoughts? What do you do? How do you do your tapping? What Scriptures grab you when you tap?

Be blessed!

EFT is not a substitute for medical or psychological help. Please contact your own personal physicians for that assistance.

Sherrie Rice Smith, R.N. (Retired)
Certified EFT Practitioner
Author of EFT for Christians (2015)
Author of EFT for Christians Advanced (2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment